CHICAGO, IL – As of June 30th, 2023, we are excited to announce that heartbase™ is officially certified by the ACC-NCDR for Version 3.1 of the Chest Pain – MI Registry Database. Heartbase users, please visit the heartbase hbKnowledgebase to view the recording of Carmen Ernst’s walkthrough of this new version – please click here. The heartbase staff highly recommends that users view the recording, as this version change was substantial in scope.
From the ACC-NCDR website:
“For more than a decade, the Chest Pain – MI Registry™ has been the single, most trusted source for outcomes-based, continuous quality improvement and remains the go-to registry for hospitals and health systems applying American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA) clinical guideline recommendations.”
- Integration & Interoperability with other heartbase hbCOR registry events.
- Interoperability options from other hospital systems, such as Epic Clarity, to allow for the pre-population of discrete fields.
- A comprehensively streamlined & customizable electronic DCF, improving upon the flow and functionality of the ACC Online Tool, with options such as role-based access.
- Simplified reporting with the hbQuery Tool, with measure reporting and other standard reports to follow.
- Integration with the hbRecon Module to ensure CP-MI cases are correctly coded and billed, maximizing reimbursement.
- Planned hbAnalytics updates to include new measure reporting and associated breakout reports.
If you’re a CP-MI data manager or abstractor and would like to take a look at our new forms, please contact heartbase Client Account Manager Alex Potanos to schedule a review session.
About heartbase, Inc.
Heartbase™ is a privately-held company founded in 1992 and designed to be intuitive & centered on the needs of the clinician. Since our inception, we have known that the most effective way to develop a robust and reflexive software platform is through collegial partnerships with our clinical & financial users. Working directly with our customers – listening to their concerns and honoring their suggestions for improvement – allows us to build a tool that is fast, efficient, and tailored specifically to the individual needs of each healthcare institution.