CHICAGO, IL – We are excited to announce that heartbase™ is officially certified by the STS for Version 6.23.2 of the STS Congenital Heart Surgery Database. On June 13th, 2023, at 2 pm CT, heartbase clinical specialist Carmen Ernst, RN, BSN, will hold a special training class covering the ins and outs of this version. Heartbase customers can click here to register.
From the STS website:
“The STS Congenital Heart Surgery Database (CHSD) is the largest database in North America dealing with congenital cardiac malformations. The CHSD contains more than 600,000 congenital heart surgery procedure records and currently has more than 1,000 participating physicians, including surgeons and anesthesiologists.”
- A standardized format for data collection to assess the care of patients undergoing congenital cardiothoracic procedures.
- Semi-annual performance outcomes reports in a format that allows comparison of local outcomes against national standards.
- An optional anesthesiology component, which enhances data collection and quality assessment for improving the care of patients undergoing cardiothoracic procedures and surgery.
- Analysis of major outcomes and process-of-care measures that impact congenital heart surgery patients.
- Complexity scoring to evaluate the clinical characteristics of your practice.
If you’re a CHSD data manager or abstractor and would like to take a look at our new forms, please contact heartbase Client Account Manager Alex Potanos to schedule a review session.
About heartbase, Inc.
Heartbase™ is a privately-held company founded in 1992 and designed to be intuitive & centered on the needs of the clinician. Since our inception, we have known that the most effective way to develop a robust and reflexive software platform is through collegial partnerships with our clinical & financial users. Working directly with our customers – listening to their concerns and honoring their suggestions for improvement – allows us to build a tool that is fast, efficient, and tailored specifically to the individual needs of each healthcare institution.
Our primary major business lines are the following: hbCOR, Data Capture & Reporting; hbAnalytics, Realtime Clinical & Financial Dashboards; hbRecon, Coding Reconciliation & Revenue Generation; & hbNote, Data First Structured Reporting.