CHICAGO, IL – We are excited to announce that heartbase is now officially certified by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons to accept and submit data for the newest version of the General Thoracic Surgery Database (GTSD) Registry. Version 5.21.1 will go live beginning with July 1st surgeries, and our customers will be given the opportunity to begin working with the new version upon installation.
The changes to the new registry version do not end with the name. A few notable changes that users should expect in STS GTSD v5.21.1 include:
- One DCF for all Procedures.
- Collection of ECOG only on analyzed cases.
- Procedure weighting with the highest weight assigned Primary Procedure. Secondary Diagnosis is no longer collected.
- 92 New Fields; 169 Deleted Fields; and 30 Definition Changes.
- Updated Data Specifications and Data Dictionary.
- All NQF Measures have been retired.
- Optional Customization: Sites can retain both the secondary diagnoses and NQF measures. Please contact heartbase support if you’re interested in this customization.
To better prepare our customers for the changes to the GTSD Registry, heartbase clinical specialist Carmen Ernst will hold a special training class on June 29th at 1 pm CT outlining updates to v5.21.1 along with a review of the updated heartbase web-form and number DCF. Heartbase customers can click here to register for this class.
If you’re an GTSD data manager or abstracter and would like to take a look at our new forms, please contact heartbase sales associate Alex Potanos to schedule a review session.
About heartbase, Inc. Since 1992, heartbase™ has provided health care centers with the most technologically innovative and clinically intuitive data management and analytic solution in the industry. Working collegially with its immense network of users, heartbase™ has created a vast library of reporting tools that provides its clients with complete control of their hospital-owned clinical data. Heartbase’s revolutionary hbCOR platform propels clinical performance, aligns clinical data with registry requirements, and unites health care systems from across our network to the most comprehensive reporting repository in the industry.